CGI Denmark is seeking a controller for a position with excellent development- and career opportunities.
The Finance Team in CGI consists of 4 teams; Shared Services, Financial Business Services, Financial Business Engineering and Controller team. All teams are working closely together and supporting each other to excel in supporting our business.
We are searching for a Financial Analyst / Business controller for our Controller team. The Controller team is responsible for financial and corporate reporting, revenue recognition, investments and financial analysis to support the decision making of our business.
Within this position, you are required to provide financial support to all overhead functions and be the process owner for forecast, budget and all reporting for the business unit, Denmark. This gives the member a good overview of how CGI operates whilst providing interaction with members of the team with the aim to provide support whilst understanding the needs of the business.
Building strong relationships with internal customers with focus on high customer satisfaction is a natural side of you. Ideally, you will have a few years of practical experience in relevant financial areas - accounting and controlling. Your approach is proactive, efficient and systematic and you are eager to learn and to actively develop yourself and take on more responsibility. We expect you to be an analytical and structured team player with flexibility and ability to enjoy working in a high-paced environment. To succeed in this position you have orientation for details combined with ability to understand the context and the big picture
Professional and personal qualifications:
• Bachelor or Master’s degree in Finance
• A few years of practical experience in relevant financial area such as accounting/bookkeeping and controlling required. Exposure to planning, forecast, budgeting and reporting would be nice to have.
• Must exhibit strong analytical skills with an eye for detail in a well-organized manner
• Must be highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks in parallel against deadlines
• Have good communication and documentation skills and can communicate fluently in both written and spoken English
• Your approach is proactive, efficient and systematic and you are eager to learn and to actively develop yourself and take on more responsibility
• Ability to work closely and effectively in a team environment across all SBU (regions)
• Highly proficient in excel and system skilled
• Knowledge of the technology industry, especially IT services, is a plus
Your main tasks will be:
• Help the business from a financial standpoint. In this support role you must understand the right details and the big picture of the business
• Support business leaders and other controllers in analysis, budget & forecast and ad hoc tasks
• Produce monthly, weekly as well as ad hoc reports concerning important KPIs for the business unit Denmark
• Support overhead department owners as their finance partner and ensure all transaction are accounted for correctly at month end
• Ensure that costs are controlled and are at right level, monitor and investigate overspend.
• Investment control and support, give guidance on the correct accounting treatment to the business
• Understanding and report on KPIs
• Standard bookkeeping activities such as processing payments, accruals, adjusting accounting transaction via journal entries are required as part of the month closing activities
• Balance sheet control
• Supporting audit activities
• Exciting tasks, high expertise and professionalism
• Skills and career development
• A leading company with growth and a healthy economy
• A team of talented colleagues with great team spirit
• A ownership culture through CGI Share Purchase Plan
You choose the job
You are passionate about working in a finance department in an international environment. Understanding the business and seeking business oriented solutions is motivation for you, and you know how to communicate finance to the business at all levels. You also choose the job because you want to work with the best colleagues, who can help you develop both personally and professionally.
Please contact: Stephanie Peake
We look forward to hearing from you.
Start date: As soon as possible
Work location: Ballerup or Aarhus
Finance & Accounting
- Business Analysis
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.