CGI Denmark is seeking a Business Controller / Financial Business Partner for a position with excellent development- and career opportunities
The Finance Team in CGI consists of four main teams; Shared Services, Financial Business Services, Financial Business Engineering and Financial Controllership team. All teams work closely together, supporting each other to excel in supporting our global business.
We are searching for Business Controller / Financial Business Partner who is analytical, organized and self-motivated to support two Business Units in Denmark based in Copenhagen. You will be part of the Financial Controllership team reporting directly to the Finance Director for Denmark.
Working closely with the sector VPs, you are required to provide 'real time' support and analysis of financial information becoming a trusted business adviser and to add value that assists in decision making of the business.
You are required to support, advise and control the business financials, ensuring key target are achieved, risks are mitigated and provide insightful analysis on the monthly results.
You must be able to work and communicate clearly with all levels of the business organisation, as you will be expected to assist and support the project community in understanding their financial results, as well as supporting them with new business opportunities. This exciting and challenging role which will help the right individual grow and develop in strength, financial and commercially. The team is mainly located in Copenhagen with some members in Aarhus. Some travel will be required.
Able to build strong relationships with internal customers, where focus on customer satisfaction comes naturally to you. You should have 5 years of practical experience, preferably working in the Private Sector within the relevant areas of accounting and controlling. Your approach is proactive, efficient and organised. You are eager to learn, to actively develop yourself and take on more responsibility. We expect you to be a team player with a flexible approach to your day-to-day work, thrive in a high-paced environment and can deliver to tight deadlines. To succeed in this position you have orientation for details, combined with ability to understand context and the big picture.
Professional and personal qualifications
• Bachelor or Master’s degree in Finance
• Professional Accounting Qualification such as CIMA, ACCA, CPA would be a plus
• 5 years of practical work experience within a professional environment (private sector is preferred but not essential)
• Working knowledge of accounting and controlling, especially month end closing processes, planning, forecast and budget is a must
• Must exhibit strong analytical skills with an eye for detail in a well-organized manner
• Must be highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks in parallel against deadlines
• You have good communication and documentation skills and are able to communicate fluently in both written and spoken English
• Ability to work closely and effectively in a team environment
• Highly proficient in excel and system skilled (Hyperion and People Soft would be a bonus)
• Knowledge of the technology industry, especially IT services is a plus
Your main tasks will be
• Analytical support of the budget and forecast process, delivering well supported and documented financial plans and analysis
• Working closely with business unit Leaders to understand their business, help them understand their financial drivers and constructively challenge assumptions
• Delivering accurate, insightful and timely analysis of financial results compared against forecasts and budgets
• Manage month-end process to ensure project revenues are accounting for in accordance with IFRS revenue recognition policy and cost are captured and accounted for correctly
• Managing project and client financials according to contract; understanding key terms in contracts, financial implications of changes to those terms and the technical accounting impact of contracts
• Manage working capital by working closely with Engagement Managers and Project Managers, taking pro-active steps to manage reductions in aged debt and WIP
• Where required, support bidding activities (sales pipeline/growth) including preparing or reviewing bid models
• Preparing and presenting financial results with meaningful/accurate commentary to business unit stakeholders
• Analysis of balance sheet entries to ensure overall balance sheet integrity
• Manage special requests and collaborate on internal projects
• Sox Controls
• Assist with external audit
• Exciting tasks, high expertise and professionalism
• Skills and career development
• A leading company with growth and a healthy economy
• A good social environment with respect for each other
• A team of talented colleagues with great team spirit
• A ownership culture through CGI Share Purchase Plan
You choose the job You choose the job
You are passionate about working in a finance team in an international environment. Understanding the business and seeking business-oriented solutions is motivating for you. You know how to communicate financial information to non-financial members at all levels for the organisation. You also choose the job because you want to work with the best colleagues in an exciting environment, who will help and encourage you to develop both personally and professionally.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Any questions please contact: Stephanie Peake
Phone: +45 52 14 72 39
Start date: As soon as possible
- Business Analysis
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.